Introduction to Building
- Status – Completed in 2003
- Architect – David M. Childs of SOM
- Location – 10 Columbus Circle, New York
- Height – 750 ft (229 m )
- Floor – 55 above ground
- Type – Multifunctional building
- Investment- $1.7 bn
- Owner – The Related Companies
- Birth – 1941 Princeton, New Jersey
- Background – Yale school of architecture & New York Institute of Technology.
- Project – 7 World Trade Center, Worldwide Plaza ,US News & world report Head Quarter and many more.
About the building:
- The complex has an interesting geometry derived from its site, its concave front facing onto the curve of Columbus Circle
- its dominant twin towers shaped as parallelograms
- Perfectly calibrated, glittering glass facades, the suave, sharp-edged precision that is amazingly subtle and refined for a structure of this enormous size.
- Steel and alloys are used in panes and in window , in few parts exposed frame are used .
- Skeleton Building
- As geometrical mass
- Metal grid facade
- Shopping mall,whole food market grocery shop at the base of the building
- The complex is also home to a 1,200 seat theater for Jazz at Lincoln center as well as CNN studio.
- The two-hundred-and-fifty-room Mandarin Oriental hotel condominium apartments, a big retail atrium, restaurants, and space for cultural events